Yesterday I received a call from the Dr's office. Seems that my case has been received in Charleston and reviewed by the Director of Oncology who in turn referred my case to another Oncologist who specializes in "my" type of Cancer. So the new Oncologist is making a determination as to the next step being a consultation only, or just go ahead and schedule to consult and Biopsy the mass in my chest in the same visit, oh wow.
The hardest part of this whole adventure is the unknown. Those who know me recognize that I am the "planner" type, I want to know what's happening and be in control of that "happening" at all times. "Well not this time sister", or so that's what I'm imaging God is saying. On top of that, each and every time I have to say the C word, it makes it more and more real. Somehow I keep thinking that someone just "made a mistake" and this isn't really happening, hmmmmmm I think that's spelled "DENIAL".
Anyway, along with all this, another miracle has happened....wait for it.....
I called Medicaid to confirm that they received the documents that they requested. I was told that they had not - DAMN that was sent 2 weeks ago. So next step is to get the tracking number and get on the USPS site to find out when it was delivered. What the HECK.....it showed that the package went out for delivery in West Columbia, but nothing more - no notes to say it was delivered. Now the call to the USPS. So, yes the package of all my worldly documents IS LOST. Keep in mind this had a copy of my birth certificate, my social security number (in about 15 places), my work history, address, phone.....merry Christmas Identity theif! Ahhhh, won't he/she get a shock when they find out that they have $20 in the bank.....AND CANCER......go for it! USPS promised a return call in 24-48 hours and opened a claim on the package. It's 24 hours and nothing from them yet.
Now the Miracle - When I talked to the folks at Medicaid, they told me that nothing was in the system at all beyond their request for the "missing" documents, oh and that I was a MALE.....really come on.....Once I confirmed that I do have Breasts and a vagina, they suggested that I talk with the local office "someone may have my package sitting on their desk".....ain't this FUN. I make the obligatory call to the local office only to get an answering machine - which asks for my name and phone number, nothing more, so much for that. Now time to grumble about having to re-do all that paperwork just to save time, when I get this thought.....LET GO AND LET GOD, HE'S GOT THIS.
This morning I'm sitting at the Joyce Meyer convention it's 9:00am ... she doesn't begin teaching until 10:00....and my phone rings. When I answer it is the local Medicaid office....all of my documents have been scanned into their system and being processed?????????????? How the heck did it go from being lost at 4pm the day before and uploaded at 9:00am - GOD IS GOOD.
I am so blessed to have the opportunity to take this journey, the outcome will be good, no GREAT whatever it may be.
God still has a universe full of Miracles!
Love and Light to all
No comments:
Post a Comment