Today all were wearing Black in recognition of Melanoma. This is a crazy crazy disease. I still look back and wonder what the heck happened, like life changed overnight, and so it seems to be for many dealing with this disease. I am so blessed to be functional and positive, God is good.
Today was a tough day, it's been one week since the first infusion of YERVOY, I woke up feeling like I'd been ran over by a Mac Truck, legs wobbly, just exhausted, spent the day on the sofa doing pretty much NOTHING. This cannot continue, but I do have to rest and I will try to be aware of that. On the GREAT side of this, the lump in my neck actually seems to be shrinking, GOD IS GOOD. My bestie is just amazing....just amazing....
A little disappointment came today, I received an email from both Harley Davidson and the makers of the CanAM Spyder - both turning down my request for support for a trike for my ride. While this is very sad news, I know God's got this, if it is meant to be it will be. Just makes me more determined to get Ellen's attention or Queen Latifa's attention, I'm also going to start getting ribbons made and send out for a straight donation to : http://www.gofundme.com/8hmfec
Many old peers, friends, relatives have reached out, and it has been nice to talk to each of them. I'm pretty much a "personal" type person with little interested in gossip, or oversharing....and I tend to push people away and maintain my personal space. At the same time I think of each an everyone of you and send love and prayers daily. Just an odd duck I guess....or a little defense mechanism, not sure which applies.
Huggs and Smiles to all.
It's okay Dusty, we got this. If it's God's will, we'll find a way to do this ride. Don't give up ;)
ReplyDelete