It was a very long day yesterday, spent it at MUSC. There were several appointments set, but only two happened. Gave my obligatory tube of blood...lol, then moved on to Dr. Sharai's office. What an incredible man, very compassionate, thorough, and seems to know his stuff. In the process of exchanging what's and when's he became very concerned as to how far the cancer has traveled. Yep, its official I have Metastatic (in multiple locations) Melanoma. Anyway, at that point in the discussion he sent me to the ER next door for an MRI of my brain. Bottom line, no masses or concerns there.....whew....what a relief. Now let's move on.
Seems that there are 2 treatment options, I need to get on line today and start some research, now that it's "named". I stayed in denial through most of this, have had some breakdowns, but just now actually realizing what is going on. No doubt, God has got this, but I need to be sure to do my part.
Love and Light
This is a deeply thoughtful time - - for you, for us.
ReplyDeleteYour shared thoughts are comforting - your pragmatic and skilled approach.
Platitudes would be tedious in my comment, so I will go straight to the depths of sincerity - my love, respect, admiration.
I will follow this bog, I will fill in the quiet times with hopes and prayers.
My greatest hope is each day you are gifted will be filled with love, hope and the kindness of everyone around you.