It's been a few days since I posted so time to catch some of you up.
The testing to see if I had the "mutation gene" for the first possible treatment was returned negative. So that was a no go. The Dr. then shifted gears to an immunotherapy drug called YERVOY, with no insurance, we are waiting on Bristal Meyers to approve the treatment and provide the drug, that request has been submitted on an emergency need. Wow you don't realize how bad this disease really is until you notice that everything has "emergency" or "priority" or "expedite" attached to it. I've spoken to SSDI 3 times now by phone, no biggie right? until I tell you that THEY called me each time advising that this has been moved to the urgent review pile...again, reality hits. So back to the treatment, it's got a long list of side effects but I'll be monitored closely and none of it is worse that the side effects of not doing it. So the treatments will be 4 infusions (90 minutes) 3 weeks apart from each other. If we get the approval this week I hope to begin treatments next week, we will see. The treatments will take place at MUSC, the Dr will see me before and after each, with blood work done prior to each treatment.
I have relinquished all of my attachment to Janavi Consulting, LLC, but will offer any and all advise that I can to my partner Jan...who is doing an amazing job of moving things forward, which has to be so difficult in these circumstances....please send prayers her way, she is a strong person, but even the strongest can have doubts, worries, fears....even in the presence of God.
I'm moving forward with trying to get a sponsor for the Can Am to make my trip across the US, but that's all in the previous blog. If you find it in your heart to assist with that process, any and all emails that you can send to anyone that you think may be able to help would be MOST APPRECIATED. Queen Latifah is in my opinion one of the most attractive people in the celebrity industry, just her projected inner sunshine, her smile, I don't know why but I've always thought her to be absolutely gorgeous, whoa ... don't take that tooo far, lol. Anyway, I wanted to reach out to her organization and see if they had any type of programs, but I didn't think they did that type thing, well I was wrong, just saw this morning that they do!!!!! So if anyone is so inclined to submit my name and request, it's so awkward to send in something saying "hey I'm a great person, would you sponsor a trip for me", lol, I frankly don't know how the heck to even attempt that! So here is her website with several options, including a recorded request: http://www.queenlatifah.com/giveaways/
I have begun to send requests to all Can am dealers hoping someone will see the sincerity in my request and sponsor a used or repo Can Am for the trip....we will see.
Thank you Lisa for the drawings for the Hugs and Smiles logo, looking forward to the next one and making a definite decision. I am reaching out today to get the sponsors for the T shirts and Hats, and getting the journey mapped out....even if it means I have to walk it.....well maybe....but I am moving forward time is precious, if God sees this to be then it will.
An extra prayer or two to the family that supports me, to my friends who have taken this harder than I have....I have had a wonderful last two years, I couldn't have imagined it any better that it has been, and I still see a future of love and laughs, I HAVE NOT THROWN IN THE TOWEL, and anyone thinking that I have only tells me that you don't know me very well. The last week has been very draining and God and I have spent many hours in conversation, but as Joyce tells the story "GET UP" I'm up and stronger than ever!
Love and Light to all who struggle everyday with harder things than I am faced with, I remind you of God's love - always.
Huggs and SMILES.....
That’s the spirit, Davi! Your journey may not have been going as well as you expected it to be. But despite all these, there are still a lot to be thankful for, and one of it is the support and care from your loved ones. Anyway, I hope you get a response from your SSDI claim soon, and to your request as well. Stay strong!
ReplyDeleteBrad Post @ Jan Dils