Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Results - Negative


While this sounds like an awesome result......it definitely is not what we had hoped for. The AIM site which gives loads of good information on Metastatic Melanoma (good bathroom reading for most) says: "All Stage IV patients should be tested for the BRAF, NRAS, and C-KIT mutations, in order to find out if they are eligible for targeted therapy or a clinical trial using targeted therapy - See more at: http://www.aimatmelanoma.org/en/aim-for-answers/treatment-of-melanoma/treatment-by-stage.html#stage4", guess I failed the Mutation test......


Dr. called today to give me the news, and asked that I come in tomorrow early so we can discuss the possible immunotherapies that are available. No one said this would be an easy journey I know I CAN'T do it alone, God has got this!  It's in these times when those around you who are so supportive and remind you of your inner strength, that I reach out to God to give THEM the strength to make this journey with me.

Love and Light to all.....

No comments:

Post a Comment