Well seems like its time….time to share some news that is a
little alarming. Recently I woke up with
a walnut sized lump on the side of my neck. I have a history of having sebaceous
cysts so this wasn’t really a big concern.
My Dr. scheduled an appointment with an ENT and the whole world is now
turned upside down and a little inside out…..if it were not for my faith in
God, I don’t know how I would be handling this.
After 2 CAT scans and a biopsy, I have been diagnosed with metastatic
melanoma, let the games begin. I’m
keeping my sense of humor, and frankly neck deep in denial as I put one foot in
front of the other. My Dr. has his sights set on sending me to Duke if at all
possible. There are more tests to be
done to locate the origin which seems possible to be in a large mass in my
chest…..wow, where the hell did this come from?
The Dr. has advised that I apply for SSDI immediately, and I’ve
got to figure out how, with NO health insurance, I’m going to manage to
financially get through the necessary regiment to extend my life expectancy,
but then again, it’s in God’s hands and I am at peace with that, make no
mistake I have no intention of “giving up”, and against all odds I expect to be
around to celebrate an 80th birthday while gearing up for the 90th
one.
Life is good, and most of us don’t have the opportunity to
know when the last chapter of our lives is being written, and frankly I’m not
sure this is MY last chapter, but I do know I have some heavy duty conversations
to have with God and I will be leaning on him more than ever in my life.
Life is good, LOVE every moment you have. Don’t waste it on hate and anger, take time
to laugh, to share a loving and caring moment with a stranger – a simple smile
can change the world even if it’s just changes for one person…
I am and will be praying for you Davi. And in spite of your diagnosis, I know that the God I serve is awesome in ALL his ways, even if we may not always understand them. We try to understand why we have been chosen to take certain paths (well I know I sometimes ask, "why me?!"); especially when, in our minds, we can ALWAYS think of someone else more "deserving" (not that you would wish this on your worse enemy)." But then I find myself meditating over that verse that tells me that ALL things work together for the good of them that love God, to those who are called according to his purpose! ...He has a plan, trust him! Be Encouraged my friend! If you need me for anything, I'm just an "enter" button away!! Love ya chick!!
ReplyDelete